Milan – July 5, 2011 – NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, is now offering Postal Code Boundaries in Europe. The polygons in this new product are geo-referenced to the industry leading NAVTEQ® map, which allows highly effective territorial comparison and analysis in a broad range of enterprise and GIS applications.
Typical use cases for Postal Code Boundaries include:
- Geomarketing analysis: marketing, sales territory, trading area and demographics
- Site selection: retail and commercial development, real estate, education and city services
- Risk analysis: insurance underwriting and disaster response
- Websites: government services and store finder applications
- Predictive analytics: potential customer demand, problem store and branch network analysis
- Infrastructure analysis: telecoms, utilities and transport networks
- Land management: land use, zoning, conservation, resource exploration and school districts
“There is a growing interest in geo-analysis for a vast range of industries and a postal code is the main boundary definition used in GIS applications around the world,” explained Frank Pauli, vice president EMEA map and content products, NAVTEQ. “This is a natural extension to our already robust portfolio of Enterprise content in Europe.”
NAVTEQ currently offers Postal Code Boundaries in 8* European countries and is planning expand to most of Europe by the end of 2011, followed by further expansion into the Middle East and Africa during 2012. It is available in both ESRI Shapefile and MapInfo TAB file formats. *Austria, Belgium, Germany, Iceland, Malta, Netherlands, France, Switzerland
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of location content in the form of maps, traffic and places data that enables navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies precise, comprehensive location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 5,600 employees located in 213 offices in 50 countries.
For more information on NAVTEQ, please visit http://corporate.navteq.com. This NAVTEQ press release and other news is available at http://press.navteq.com. Join NAVTEQ on Facebook at facebook.com/NAVTEQCompany and Twitter at @NAVTEQ.
NAVTEQ is a trademark in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.